"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" -Emerson

Preface... So to Speak

I guess I should start off by saying "Thanks". That's a thanks for visiting, and a thanks for taking the time to sit back and laugh at the crazy adventures I somehow continually find myself involved in!!

Over the past few years I've heard repeatedly by friends, family, complete strangers, etc, "What? Are you trying to kill yourself or something?" Its not that I have some death wish or anything insane like that; but moreso, a desire to experience life to its fullest... however dangerous or crazy it may be.

I started out on this quest back in 2007 when I took my first tandem skydive. WHAT... A... RUSH! Who would have thought that 2 years later, and close to 200 jumps, I'd be competing locally and having the time of my life. Needless to say, people from the getgo had lots to say! Rightfully so!



But anyways, in late 2009 I left the sky to find new and exciting ways to experience life. Somewhere in there along the way, a friend convinced me to try running. HA... HA... HA. Me? Run? Funny! But it stuck.. a painful mile here... to a tortourous 5k there... but all the while a new challenge. I wont even begin to lie and tell myself or anyone else that I was, or am, good at it; however, I've found a love for lacing up a pair of sneakers and hitting the road for some well-deserved miles of "me time". 

My times are not fast. You will never catch me at the front of the pack. Hell, you probably wont even find me in the middle of the pack. I am your everyday weekend warrior, a back of the packer, who struggles mile or mile to see just how far is my "too far". Its a new adventure, a new quest, and a passion that I can only hope you'll stick around to laugh at all that's happened this past year!


No comments:

Post a Comment